Friday, August 31, 2007

School of Seven Bells

School of Seven Bells is a new band from Brooklyn that features some names you've probably heard of before. The group consists of Benjamin Curtis (formerly of The Secret Machines), Claudia and Alejandra Deheza (formerly of On!Air!Library!), and James Elliott. Currently, the band is on tour with Blonde Redhead and will be stopping by Emo's during ACL Fest opening for the aforementioned Blonde Redhead and The National. When I say that School of Seven Bells are a new band, I really do mean it. They have virtually no commercially available releases. As of my writing there is a 7" single for the song My Cabal, and a single they worked on with Prefuse 73 called Class of 73 Bells. According to a pitchfork interview with Ben Curtis, the band isn't sure when any more material will be released. Your best chance to hear their music is to either see them live or check out their Myspace where they have 4 tracks available. Do not expect this to sound anything like The Secret Machines, it does not. I honestly wasn't too blown away by the first few songs I heard but then I came across "For Kalaji Mari". Wow. Wow. Wow. One of the best things I've heard this year for sure. An absolutely beautiful song. This one comes highly, highly recommended.


9/15 @ Emo's w/ Blonde Redhead and The National (tickets)

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks