Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pinback - Autumn of the Seraphs

Pinback's newest LP Autumn of The Seraphs is slated for release on September 11th on Touch & Go Records. This is the San Diego band's 4th full length and second for Touch & Go. The album's 11 songs find the band in much the same place as on their last album. There is no shortage of interesting and interweaving bass and guitar lines on this one. Pinback are such a consistent band. I am never disappointed by them. They stick to the music that they do well, but they aren't at all sedentary. The best way that I can describe their musical evolution throughout the years is that when you hear Pinback it is always fairly evident that you are listening to Pinback, but that's not to say that their songs all sound the same, they don't. Pinback just have a sound that is uniquely their own. I love band's that don't ever make me worry. When I put this album on for the first time I knew it was going to be good. I didn't have a "God I hope this doesn't suck" moment before it started as I do with most bands' 4th or 5th album. This one comes highly recommended from me. Here's the first track, "From Nothing To Nowhere". Listen for a really cool bass breakdown about 2:17 in.

Pinback - From Nothing To Nowhere

Pinback's upcoming Texas tour dates.

9/22 - Fort Worth - Wall of Sound Festival @ LaGrave Field (tickets)
9/23 - Austin @ Emos with Om (tickets)
9/24 - Houston @ Numbers with Om (tickets)

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow neat! This is a really great site! I am wondering if anyone else has come across something
like this in the past? Keep up the great work!

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks