Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Disaster

The Besnard Lakes are a 6 piece from Montreal. Their latest release is the LP The Besnard Lakes Are The Dark Horse. The album came out back in February on Jagjaguar but somehow I never listened to it until just recently. Better late than never. It's one of those records that seems quiet on your stereo but I imagine is much louder in person. When I say that, what I mean is that there is a lot of contrast between the mellow quieter parts, and the more rocking, uptempo parts, but there isn't a lot of volume difference. I find a lot of bands record like this now. To me the dynamic volume shifts on an album are pretty important, but I prefer live music to recorded music in general, so maybe my views are a bit skewed. It's a minor complaint, but I think somewhat valid given how often I hear it in albums nowadays. Anyway, minor sonic quibbles aside, I've really enjoyed the album so far and I recommend checking it out. Here's the first song off of the album "Disaster"

The Besnard Lakes - Disaster

Buy Dark Horse here

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks