Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Antiques


I love a song with a good groove. You simply cannot deny a good groove. It gets in your blood and is impossible to shake. The Antiques know a thing or two about a good groove. I simply cannot stop listening to "Down To No. County" from their Nicknames and Natives CD. The album came out back in 2006 on Banter Records, so I guess you could say I'm a bit behind the times on this one, but it is truly one of the best songs I've heard all year. My attention was drawn to the band initially because they recently recorded a Daytrotter session. I am introduced to more great music by Daytrotter and Blogoteque every day than almost anywhere else. Looks like only a handful of California dates are on the Los Angeles band's schedule at the moment but hopefully they'll cruise by at some point in the new year.

The Antiques - Down To No. County

buy Nicknames and Natives here

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks