Wednesday, October 10, 2007

In Rainbows

Just like everyone else in the universe, I got my hands on In Rainbows today. My recent lack of a steady internet connection at home has been well documented on the sound of marching feet of late, so it goes without saying that I had to jump through a hoop or two to get my hands on my copy. They were big hoops and I had no trouble jumping through them, but hoops nonetheless. Basically, I showed up early to work, my last bastion of internet connectivity, popped open my email, clicked the link, downloaded the album, transferred it to my usb flash drive, and worked at my desk for 4 hours while periodically glancing over at the aforementioned flash drive and yearning to hear its contents, and then when the clock struck lunch I raced home, transferred the files to my home computer, popped them on my ipod, and gleefully ate a ham sandwich while this fantastic album spiralled between the walls of my head. And fantastic is really the key term here. I've only gotten through it once, but I can say resolutely that it is worth every penny I shelled out for it. Oh how I hope this business model catches on. Get rid of those labels, let people choose how they want their music. I am so interested to see if Radiohead release any figures about the average price people paid, how many downloaded it, etc. Should be very interesting. If you haven't already, head over to www.radiohead.com and get your copy now. "All I Need" is going to wreck you.

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks