Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Beirut - Cliquot


Here's my favorite track from Beirut's exceptional new album The Flying Club Cup. Oh, what's that I hear? Is it accordion again? Indeed, it is. Consider me an accordion addict. To me, the greatest thing about the music Beirut put out is that it sounds like a room full of people playing music. That may seem a bit simplistic, but I think it describes the band's sound well. It sounds like an ultra high quality recording of an unforgettable live performance. The future is definitely bright for Zach Condon and his band of gypsies. Creating music this good at such a young age is very impressive.

Beirut - Cliquot

  • From The Flying Club Cup (buy it here)
Beirut recently undertook a collaborative project with the fine folks at La Blogotheque to record a series of their inventive Take-Away Shows that covered every song on their new album. The reaction to these videos was so great that they have decided to compile them all onto a DVD and put it out for sale in the near future. These are a lot of fun. Check the videos out here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

cliquot is my favorite song from this amazing group. i got to see them in concert a few months ago, and it was maybe one of the best shows i've ever seen.

do you happen to play guitar? can you post the chords for this song so i can sing and play it myself?

Anonymous said...

Beirut is my absolute favorite band. I was a little worried to discover that they canceled their entire summer '08 tour of Europe.
Keep your fingers crossed...

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks