Thursday, September 20, 2007

tons of good shows this weekend


There are 3 shows going on at Emo's this weekend which I can recommend very highly. The first one is on Friday and features San Marcos Post Rockers This Will Destroy You headlining. This is the band's first show in Austin since they had to cancel their tour due to illness. It'll be great to see them healthy and playing shows again. I'm hoping to hear some new material.


Friday 9/21/07 @ Emo's Lounge


Saturday night features a show that I am quite excited about, Animal Collective. The experimental band are coming through in support of their new LP Strawberry Jam which features one of my absolute favorite songs of the year "Fireworks". Don't be too surprised if you hear a lot of unfamiliar material as the band is known to frequently try out new songs in a live setting.


Saturday 9/22/07 @ Emo's Outside



Finally, on Sunday San Diego band Pinback will be playing on Emo's outside stage. They've just released one of my favorite albums of the year Autumn of the Seraphs and I'm sure that burly ol' Rob Crow and co. will bring out quite a crowd.


Sunday 9/23/07 @ Emo's Outside


0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks