Monday, September 3, 2007

Centro-matic @ The Parish

Some friends and I went to the free Labor Day show at The Parish last night which was headlined by Centro-matic. As usual the band put on an awesome show. The set was comprised mostly of songs from their 2003 album Love You Just The Same. The highlight, for me, was the first song of their set. They opened with the song "Love You Just The Same" from the Flashes and Cables EP. I've seen Centro-matic live several times and this is the first time that I've been able to see them perform that song. It was beautiful. Scott Danbom's violin just kills me on this particular track, and it was ten times more powerful in person. I am always amazed at how this band doesn't get more nation wide press.


If you live in the Dallas area Centro-matic will be playing another free show in Denton next Saturday. Details below.

Saturday, September 8
Denton, TX - Rubber Gloves
FREE SHOW
with Tre Orsi, Bridges and Blinking Lights, Handbrake

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks