Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Yeasayer

It seems like every time I go to a show I hear a song that I've never heard before that I'm really into. That happens all the time. But rarely do I hear a song that I've never heard before and remember that song enough by the time I get home to look it up. That's exactly what happened when I saw Yeasayer open up for The National at Central Park in NYC this summer. Nearly 7 hours after hearing the song for the first time, I was still singing the line "Stick up for yourself son, never mind what anybody else done" over and over in my head.

It looks like the song is called Amblin' Alp and it's as good as anything off Yeasayer's fantastic 2007 release All Hour Cymbals. Unfortunately, I haven't found a proper recording of the tune so all we have right now are live YouTube videos. Here are a couple of those videos of this amazing new Yeasayer song (neither are great quality, but it gets the point across):





Yeasayer will be in Austin for the Austin City Limits Festival and The National will be playing Fun Fun Fun Fest.

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks