Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Get the new Walkmen album for $5


The Walkmen have a new album coming out in August entitled You & Me. I love The Walkmen but I'm not posting about this because of that love, I'm putting this up because The Walkmen are currently selling the album ahead of it's official release date (8/19 on Gigantic) as a digital download for only $5. This is a deal in and of itself, especially since it's in delicious 320kbps, but these wonderful gents are giving 100% of the proceeds from these prerelease digital purchases to the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York. It's such a humbling and selfless act in this day and age and really hits close to home for me. A few years ago my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and went up to Sloan-Kettering for her surgeries. It was a terribly trying time for her and our entire family. As anyone who has had a loved one in a situation like this can tell you, it really rips your life apart. Everything you took for granted before becomes a question rather than the statement it once was. You start adding question marks to so many sentences that didn't need them before. Thanks to the people at Sloan Kettering most of those question marks went away. They answered every question we had, and in the end they successfully operated on my mom. The rehabilitation was long and at many points seemed as if it would never end, but here we are 4 years later and my mom's happy and healthy as can be, thanks in large to the folks over at Sloan-Kettering. Anyway when I read about this today on GorillaVsBear (who always seems to post the most relevant content around in my opinion) I just had to tell everyone about it. If you have a couple extra bucks, I can't think of a better way to spend it. You get a fantastic album in really high quality, completely legally and pre release, and you get to help write more stories like the one I just told. Alright, that's my piece, everyone be good and I'll try to make this whole posting thing a more than once or twice a month deal.

Download the new Walkmen album You & Me here for only $5.

All proceeds benefit the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks