Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Frightened Rabbit/French Kicks show at Mohawk on Thursday 6.5.08

The band behind one of my favorite releases of the year, The Midnight Organ Fight, is set to play the Mohawk this coming Thursday. The band I speak of is Selkirk, Scotland's Frightened Rabbit. The trembling Leporidaes were last spotted by yours truly playing some exceptional shows during SXSW. While their recorded music takes pains to show some restraint, their live show really allows the songs to breath and quiver a bit. I really can't recommend the show more. Also be sure to stick around to check out New York's French Kicks who are headlining the show. I've seen them a time or two before and have always enjoyed their sets. They've got a new album out that, sadly, I haven't heard in it's entirety yet, but I'm going to try to get my hands on it before Thursday comes around.

Frightened Rabbit - The Modern Leper

Buy The Midnight Organ Fight here

French Kicks - Abandon

Buy Swimming here

Buy tickets to the show here.


1 Comment:

Sarah Lynn Knowles said...

oh man-- i saw frightened rabbit in may (in nyc) and it honestly was one of the best shows i'd seen in forever.

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks