Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Secret Mohawk show *UPDATE*

I am now saying with 99.99% accuracy that Spoon will indeed be playing at The Mohawk on this Friday night. I did some internet sleuthing about the secret show and this is what i came up with.

1) On the Mohawk myspace events calendar, it lists the show on friday as a private event featuring the bands "Sweatband" and "Das Messer".
2) I did a google search for Sweatband and didnt really come up with anything plausible.
3) I did a google search for Das Messer Band and one of the top results was the wikipedia page for Spoon.
4) Within the History section is the following:

"The band was formed in 1994 by lead singer/guitarist Britt Daniel and drummer Jim Eno during a party on Kimbolton Avenue. The name Spoon was chosen as a respectful salute to the 1970s German avant-garde band Can whose hit song "Spoon" was the theme song to the movie Das Messer. Incidentally, the film title translates to another utensil (and band)—The Knife."

Now I'm not going to say that Spoon is 100% playing the Mohawk on Friday, but this is a pretty huge coincidence if they aren't. I'll keep snooping around about the Sweatband connection, so far all I have found is that Bootsy Collins released an album called Sweatband in 1980. Now that would be a ridiculous show.

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks