Friday, July 13, 2007

New Rilo Kiley


Rilo Kiley have a new album out on August 21st. It's called Under The Blacklight and the first song to hit the web for it is "The Moneymaker". The song has an accompanying video, and the word surprising is definitely applicable here.

The video is themed around an adult movie called "The Moneymaker" and takes place almost entirely in a Strip Club. I am in no way offended by any of this, and the video isn't all that risque' to me, but it is definitely pretty far from what I'd expect from the California group. The song itself, I'm not so sure about. I don't hate it, but it just doesn't grab me like the old Rilo songs did. Maybe it's a grower. It's certainly catchy, but so are lots of terrible songs on the radio. I'm reserving judgement for the moment. Now I'm going to go watch that video again.

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks