Wednesday, September 12, 2007

ACL Fest


So, obviously, ACL Fest is this weekend. Aside from SXSW this is definitely the biggest music weekend in Austin all year. Initially, I wasn't going to go because of all of the moving/new job/whatever nonsense that has been floating around my poor little brain lately, but thanks to a friend who happened upon a free 3 day pass, and a magical RNG that fell my way, I will be going this weekend. I have to miss all of Friday because of work/moving but I'm pretty excited about a few sets over the weekend (Sound Team's last show ever, Andrew Bird, Damien Rice, Arcade Fire, The National, Midlake, Regina Spektor, My Morning Jacket, The Decemberists, and finally, the old man himself, Bob Dylan). I'm not really expecting much from any of the bands as it is a festival after all, but it will be a much needed break from the insanity that has been my life over the last month or so. If you didn't get a pass, or just flat out don't want to go, remember that there are a lot of cool shows going on this weekend that don't require a $200 piece of plastic around your wrist.

Hot Freaks! (hope you RSVP'd)

Black Angels for free!

Local Music Is Fucking Sexy!

etc!

Have a fantastic weekend. If you see me out and about over the course of the next few weeks, buy me a drink, I'll need it. Ciao!

PS. Gorilla Vs. Bear is on his shit, while I am not. Check these awesome St. Vincent videos here and here and go see Annie Clark this weekend before she gets so big that you can't get in.

1 Comment:

DMc said...

Beware for suspicious uniform machines

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks