Thursday, August 9, 2007

Free Panda Bear dvd

Eat Tapes does the types of things that I wish I could get my lazy ass to do. Basically, Eat Tapes is a guy named Mike, who lives in Philly and videotapes shows. I know this sounds simple, but I think it's amazing and I'm glad he does it. His website has lots of info on it and there is always a feature video available to view online. One of Eat Tapes recent projects is a Panda Bear DVD. Panda Bear is Noah Lennox of Animal Collective. The latest Panda bear album, Person Pitch, is one of my favorite releases of the last year. Eat Tapes recorded three different Panda Bear shows at the Bowery Ballroom and has cut them all together to make this concert DVD. Also, he's giving it away for free. There is a second "deluxe" version of the DVD available for a small donation ($5-$10) that includes a second disc of 2 of the unedited performances. This is a really great deal, and I'm sure the DVD will be awesome. I definitely recommend getting the deluxe 2 disc package just so you can make a donation. Mike isn't even charging postage and the donations will cover the production and licensing costs. This is a great idea and I wish more people would do it.

Order the DVD here

Buy Person Pitch here

*A Huge thanks to Gorilla Vs. Bear for posting about this!

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks